Friday, July 16, 2010

You Are My Sunshine


You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me happy when skies are gray. You'll never know dear how much I love you. So please don't take my sunshine away.




My Daddy used to sing this song to me while we were trying to fall asleep. It holds a very special place in my heart. So early on, I decided it would be mine and Davis' song. There are no words to express the love I have for that little man. I cannot remember what life was like before him - although sometimes I remember when Saturday mornings roll around. Part of the reason I wanted to start this blog was so that I could record the things that are currently happening in his life, the things he is doing and saying, etc. His little life is going by so fast and I want to hold on to it and remember it always. So Davis here is what you are up to these days. You are now 25 months old. Oh what a joy you are to me and Dida (that's what you call him by the way).




*One of your favorite phrases is "not nice." And you use if often - both to people and inanimate objects. You were sitting on your potty the other day and fell off. To this you replied "Not nice potty!" You ran into the door, "Not nice door."




*You have absolutely no interest in potty training at this moment. You do like your potty though. You carry it all over the house and stand on top of it to turn lights on and off.




*You are so loving and affectionate. When you first wake up, we snuggle and you play with my hair. You also like to play with my hair when you're falling asleep. Mommy loves this.




*You don't like macaroni and cheese, which is very weird. Are you really my child?




*Yes, you really are my child because you love almost every other food out there. And you like candy a lot.




*You love to sleep in the bed with us, even though I am trying desperately to get you to sleep in your big boy bed all night. You've been doing better though, I will give you credit for that.




*You and I take naps together every Saturday and Sunday, and every other day that we are home together.


Davis, Mama loves you with all of her heart. Please be mine forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment